Galatzó trail Mallorca 2024
Galatzó Trail is a mountain race that will take place next March 10th at the Galatzó Public Finca, (Es Capdellà, Calvià, Mallorca).
It is currently one of the most important mountain races in the Balearic Islands. It runs through some of the most impressive landscapes of the Serra de Tramuntana, crowning two of the most emblematic peaks of Mallorca, El Puig de Galatzó and s’Esclop. The race gives prominence to the spectacular public estate of Galatzó, where the routes of the race take place.
The event includes the following distances:
- Galatzó Legend (43 km), A demanding and spectacular mountain marathon crowning s’Esclop and Es Galatzó. 2200 meters of positive elevation gain and an accumulated of 4350 meters.
- Galatzó Half (23 km).This is an ideal race for people who run middle distance in the mountains or who want to start. Although it has harder sections, the race is bearable and the impressive landscapes through which it runs help to distract the suffering from the effort.
The main attractions of Galatzó trail are as follows:
- 99% mountain routes: those who participate have the opportunity to enjoy the environment of the Serra de Tramuntana, spectacular landscapes of forest, valley and Mallorcan peaks.
- The challenge, the story: Galatzó mountain is also known as “the magic mountain”. Es Galatzó is home to legends, myths, characters representative of Majorcan literature and culture such as Comte Mal.
- Two distances: in order to reach those people interested in long or ultra distance and also have an alternative for those who prepare short or medium distance. Galatzó trail has LEGEND (+43 km) and HALF (+23 km).
More than a mountain race
Galatzó Trail aims to promote values associated with sport, care for the natural environment, the mountain. Therefore, the event incorporates parallel activities in this area: conferences on nutrition and sport, children’s mountain races in the Galatzó estate, good practice guide or talks with mountain athletes are some of the proposals that complete the program.